Hi! I’m excited because this is my first official blog post. I’m also excited because I can announce that I am repped by the amazing Carrie Pestritto of the Prospect Agency! You can read more about that here. When I was down on my query-luck I would Google search agent success stories and it encouraged me and inspired me, so I truly hope my story inspires someone in some small way to never give up. I am so thankful to have found my perfect agent match! Carrie is enthusastic and supportive, and she gets me and my writing!
My first YA novel is currently undergoing some revisions to make it all sparkly and pretty. It’s called THE INTERN DIARIES, and it’s about a YouTube beauty guru named Lacey who winds up loving her best friend’s late night talk show internship way more than her job working for a magazine.
My blog will be a mix of random posts about makeup, writing, writing about makeup, and everything in between.
Since this is my introductory post, and my book is about YouTube, I thought it would be fun to do the “50 Random Facts About Me” tag all the gurus do (but modified to 10 facts).
- All the late night talk show stories in my book made me so happy to write, because it felt like I was revisiting my times at NBC. I was an intern for Conan O’Brien and Jimmy Fallon and loved every minute!
- I’ve never actually made a YouTube makeup video but I am addicted to watching them. I subscribe to over 30 beauty gurus, and a handful of vloggers.
- I can have TV marathons where I’ll watch 10 episodes of my favorite shows in a row, but it can take me a week to get through watching one movie b/c I watch in increments of like twenty minutes. (bonus fact: the last movie I saw in theaters was Harry Potter #6).
- HANSON is my favorite band. Yes, the boys that sang Mmmbop. They never stopped making music and I never stopped buying it/going to shows! This fall will be my 11th Hanson concert. I could pretty much talk about my love of Hanson for hours, so I’ll cut myself off right here.
- I’m a vegetarian.
- I’ve gotten two replies from Lindsay Lohan on Twitter! One in June 2010 (about how intrusive the paparazzi can be) the other this past September 2012 when we were both watching the MTV Music Awards. So yeah, we’re basically BFF. I also have gotten replies from Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel (Cory and Topanga!)
- During my interview for my Conan internship the intern advisor asked if I knew my way around the city and subway system (nope, and nope!) I said yes, because I knew of the subway system, and really, isn’t that half the battle? Plus, I figured how far can they send me for a run when we worked in Rockefeller Center? Everything anyone could need was literally downstairs in the concourse. Oh, how wrong I was. So other than the 34th Street BDFV line that led me directly to work every day, I took cabs EVERYWHERE. I spent my own money and after the first month I was broke. When I learned NBC reimbursed for Metrocards, Hopstop.com became my best friend. My reliance on cabs became the inspiration for a character in my book, so it worked for something!
- My favorite current shows are New Girl, Big Bang Theory, The Middle, and Modern Family, but I love classic TV sitcoms, and Friends is my favorite show of all time.
- I have an irrational fear of hoarding, so I do the opposite and throw everything out. It would probably make for a very boring reality show for TLC.
- I am a Wheel Watcher. I’ve been a Wheel of Fortune fan as far back as I can remember. I’m a good puzzle solver but I have a fear of going on the show. I’m convinced I’d get so nervous I’d probably try to buy a consonant or pick up a prize wedge before calling a letter. And you know Pat Sajak secretly judges those people.